Dave Feeken Scholarship Foundation
The scholarship fund was created in 2010 to promote knowledge and professionalism in the real estate industry.
About Dave Feeken Scholarship
The Dave Feeken Scholarship Foundation, Inc. was established in 2010 in memory REALTOR® Dave Feeken. The Scholarship Foundation is designed to assist persons in the real estate field who are seeking to obtain a related designation such as Graduate, Realtors Institute, Certified Property Manager, Certified Residential Specialist, Certified Realtor Executive, Certified Real Estate Broker Manager, and other designations and certifications in the real estate field.
Dave Feeken was involved in the REALTOR® organization for over 20 years. He served as the Alaska REALTORS® president in 1995 and received REALTOR® of the year honor from the association in 1996 and in 2005. He also served as the Alaska REALTORS Industry Issues chair and was instrumental in having the REALTOR® organization be heard in Juneau on legislation affecting private property rights. He served as National Association of REALTORS® Director from 1997-1999 along with numerous National Committees since 1994.
The Scholarship Foundation is a tax-exempt foundation; therefore, applicants are encouraged regardless of any affiliation. Recipients are chosen on a non-discriminatory basis without preference for employment or affiliation with any real estate firm, broker, or membership in a professional organization.
Scholarships are for tuition only and are limited to one person per the calendar year, no more than one course with a beginning date during any calendar year shall be considered. Scholarships will be granted for the course requested and only for such courses that lead to a real estate-related professional designation or certification. The officers of the Foundation will determine the dollar amount of the scholarships for a particular course, which may vary depending upon the funds available. For more information, please contact the Alaska REALTORS® office at 907.563.7133.
- Any Alaska REALTOR® member in good standing is eligible for a Dave Feeken Scholarship.
- Recipients will be chosen without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin, age, membership in any organization. Applications will be presented to the trustees without identifications of applicants.
- Approved application and proof of course completion MUST be provided in order to receive scholarship funds.
- Approved scholarship funds will be awarded after completion of the course applied for.
- Scholarships are for tuition only and are limited to one person per calendar, and no more than one course with a beginning date during any calendar year shall be considered. Scholarships will be granted for the course requested and only for such courses that lead to a real estate related professional designation or certification. The officers of the Foundation will determine the dollar amount of the scholarships for a particular course, which may vary, depending upon the funds available.