Updated Bill Information
PASSED – HB 32 – An Act providing for the issuance of one business license for multiple lines of business; and providing for reissuance of a business license to correct a mistake on the license.
- A letter of support for HB 32 was written and sent to Representative Mia Costello who is the primary sponsor of the legislation.
- This bill was heard in House Finance on Monday, February 17, 2014 and was held for another hearing in order to obtain more information about the fiscal impacts.
- AAR continues to support the passage of this legislation.
PASSED – HB 60 – An Act Adopting and relating to the Uniform Real Property Transfer on Death Act.
- The committee is in support of this bill and it may get a committee hearing this session but it is not a priority for the sponsors, Rep Gruenberg and Munoz.
PASSED – HB 282 – An Act relating to the rights and obligations of residential landlords and tenants; and relating to the taking of a permanent fund dividend for rent and damages owed to a residential landlord.
- Property Managers were asked to review HB 282 and they agreed that changing the refund time allowed on the security deposit from 14 days to 30 days is important and should be included in the bill along with clarification on the carpet cleaning procedures.
- Discussion took place about electronic signatures being binding for Property Management leases and notices. Brenda Hewitt, staff for Rep. Issacson indicated that Alaska Statute 09.80.040 covers this issue and it is not necessary to include in HB 282.
- Wendy Chamberlain will check to see what the current statue requires regarding property management transaction notifications (verbal, email, written or posted notices).