.REALTOR Launches New Web Portal
We are pleased to announce that the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) has developed a new website –www.dotREALTOR.org. Because of the wealth of information about Top Level Domains (TLDs) and their complexities, NAR has created one convenient location where you will find everything you need to know about TLDs and the .REALTOR domain.
dotREALTOR.org Site Highlights
- When available, announcements for the launch of the .REALTOR domain will be made here.
- The latest news and information about the .REALTOR domain and the hundreds of other TLDs entering the Internet
- The benefits of having a .REALTOR domain
- Business rules for domain eligibility
- Marketing tools to help brokers and associations promote and discuss the .REALTOR domain with your agents/members
- How to integrate your .REALTOR domain into your current marketing
- The goal of .REALTOR is to create a name space where home buyers, sellers and investors can go to find the most credible, trusted real estate information, resources and professional services on-line — and ensure they are working with a REALTOR®.
- Only members of NAR and the Canadian Real Estate Association can call themselves REALTORS® and only REALTORS® will be allowed to use the .REALTOR domain in connection with their name.
- NAR will provide the first 500,000 members who register with a FREE .REALTOR domain for one year. Members will also have the option of purchasing additional .REALTOR domains at that time.
- After the first free domain, pricing for additional domains will start at $39.95 which includes a FREE profile website from realtor.com® that allows you to integrate content from your social networks and include all your listings. Discounts for multiple domains and multiple year purchases will also be available. For more information on pricing visit, visit www.dotREALTOR.org.
- In future phases, domains will also be made available to state and local REALTOR® associations; association multiple listing services; affiliated institutes, societies and councils; and other NAR-approved licensees.
Communications to the REALTOR® Family is important to keep everyone knowledgeable about efforts to secure the .REALTOR domain, the launch timing and what to do once the domain has been secured. For the most current information, remember to visit www.dotREALTOR.org. We will continue communications via email and notices in the AE INS, Weekly Report, and on social networks.
As of January 31, 2014, 78,000 members signed up for the .REALTOR domain pre-registration list. Those members will have 72 hours in advance of the rest of the membership to claim their .REALTOR domain. Emails sent to this group will continue on a monthly basis.
The best source for the latest updates and information is www.dotREALTOR.org. Check back often! At this time, we anticipate a launch expected in Fall 2014.
|Tim Kline, Director||Ken Burlington, Vice President||Roshani Sheth|
|Operations & Product Management||Marketing & Business Development||.REALTOR Product Manager|